Monday, May 17, 2010

Small Beautiful Muffins

I made these muffins for a morning with Cirucci, Myers, Big, JD, and the JG. I got up early knowing that I should make something & because sleeping until 7 meant I had slept in 2 hours. I looked at my pantry....hmm only 2 eggs....no milk....no bread....

I found this recipe in America's Test Kitchen cookbook. Instead of Big... I made them mini, using my Pampered Chef mini muffin pan. They came out delicious and they were still warm when I brought them over.

Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins

3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tbs baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1.5 cups Stoneyfield french vanilla non-fat yogurt
2 eggs
1 stick of butter, melted & cooled



This recipe yielded about 2 1/2 dozen mini muffins. I baked each batch at 375 for about 10 minutes or so. (To be honest with you, I can't remember exactly as I am catching up on recipes.)

My biggest hints for baking anything- if it says to bake it for a certain time, (like 30 minutes) set the timer to go off after 2/3rds of the way.... (i.e. 20 minutes) Because ovens heat differently, I don't always trust the instructions. I like to determine how long the "last third" will be.
Also, when you start to really smell the wonderment... it's time to at least check it. Then touch it for firmness. (Obviously this only goes for baked goods.)


No comments:

Post a Comment