Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

I tend to buy enough bananas to last about 4 days if both Justin and I ate one per day.  However, I never pull my weight in the banana eating department. It's only when I have the occasional charlie horse in my right calf muscle that I'm reminded that I should eat some potassium. Needless to say, bananas have a tendency to become extremely ripe before I get a chance to eat one. How do I solve this problem? Banana bread. So easy. So fast. And hey, it makes 2 5x7 loaves. 1 for you and 1 for your neighbor, grandma, mother, mother-in-law or whomever.


Chocolate Chip Banana Bread


1.5 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt


Sift the above ingredients together. Mix that with:
 1 cup sugar


In separate bowl:
2 eggs
3 large ripe bananas (I used 2 this time around because Justin was pulling his weight + my own)
6 tbsp butter, melted


Mash 'em all up together. Add the dry stuff to the wet stuff. I then added about 1/2 cup of my "secret ingredient," Stoneyfield's fat-free french vanilla yogurt. I SWEAR by it. I really do.


Add about 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. (Or as I like to say, add chocolate chips, to taste)


Bake at 350 for about 35-40 minutes. I've told you before on when you should take a baked good out of the oven. (see 5/17's Blog about my mini muffins.) Cool 5 minutes & then take them out of the pan, if you'd like. 




If I were to change something, I'd. . . add some chopped pecans. This is a great recipe to play around with. I suggest you do! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I too feel like I don't pull my own banana eatin weight in my house. Jay is addicted and I always forget to look behind the paper towel roll for them. *sigh* but I do love 'em! I have 4 over rip 'nanas in my fridge waiting for my their chance to deliver. I use chopped walnuts and some cinnamon amongst others secret ingredients. Delic! Can't wait to try your tzatzki I made last night!! mmmmm looove your blog!

    ReplyDelete